While surfing the net early this morning, I chanced upon this article
and I was forced to get a good laugh. Afterall, who wants to frown and get wrinkles at an early age? Ahem, 30+ is STILL young you know. Don't dare argue with me, this is my blog, he he.
Now let's see, the benefits of laughter :
* Eustress State - a condition where mirthful laughter produces healthy or positive emotions that influence the immune system, boosting natural killer cells and tumor cells.
* Activation of T lymphocytes - laughter tells the immune system to activate the T cells or wake them up.
* Strenghtens the fight against upper respiratory tract infection through an increase in the antibody IgA (immunoglobulin A). An antibody fights disease-causing "invaders".
* Increase in gamma interferon that tells the immune system to turn itself on.
* Increase in IgB, another antibody, as well as an increase in Complement 3, which assists antibodies in penetrating infected cells. The beneficial effects lasted, and levels of antibodies increased, right on the day after patients watched a funny video.
* Laughing is a stress buster.
* Laughter exercises the diaphragm and improves the body's ability to use oxygen.
* It can help reduce pain and help speed up healing.
Hmmmm....I think I'll watch The 40 year Old Virgin with D this afternoon.